From: Fionn Mac Cumhaill <invisible@hiding.from.spam>
Subject: Re: [anouncement] MingGW release for the GNU Ada Project
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 04:30:31 GMT
Date: 2008-02-05T04:30:31+00:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:51:57 +0100, Martin Krischik
<krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>Fionn Mac Cumhaill schrieb:
>> On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:19:38 +0100, Martin Krischik
>> <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>>> Did you install MinGW itself - you will need it. This is also one of the
>>> advantages of AdaCore releases: they invested the time to tear all needed
>>> parts out of MinGW to provide a one .EXE install. We are far from that so
>>> you need to install MinGW.
>>>
>>> Follow instruction on
>>>
>>> http://gnuada.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php/Install/MinGW
>>> http://gnuada.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php/TAR/MinGW
>>>

>>> Martin
>>
>> I already have MinGW and MSYS installed;
>>
>> The problem turned out to be gettext; I found a copy of gettext-0.16
>> that was a part of an attempt to build gcc 4.2.1 from source; the
>> gettext subtree contained a copy of the missing dll. I copied it to a
>> directory on my Windows path and the immediate problem went away.
>>
>> I couldn't find libintl-8.dll in any of the gettext tarballs from the
>> MinGW SourceForge site.
>
>I see - BTW: gettext is on the to-do list:
>
>http://gnuada.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gnuada/trunk/mingw/SCRIPTS/Make_Get_Text.bash?view=markup
>
>But it has proven tricky.
>
>Martin

Note that I haven't had time yet to actually use anything in
/opt/gnat/gcc/bin in a non-trivial way; I have only invoked them in
ways such as

gcc -v
or
strings --help

etc, to verify that they don't crash immediately; there may very well
be other problems that turn up when I have time for more detailed
testing.