From: awdorrin <awdorrin@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: POSIX.Semaphores question
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 08:32:25 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-12-03T08:32:25-08:00	[thread overview]

For some reason I used the word "static" above when I meant "constant"

Seems like no matter what I do, the moment I try to export the
variable, I can no longer assign to it within Ada.

I realize that a better way to do this would be to export a procedure
or function to pass the Ada Semaphore_Descriptor to a C sem_t*, but
this is functioning in the legacy code, so I'm trying to understand if
Gnat is doing something different, if exporting variables is no longer
allowed, or if there is something specific about a
Semaphore_Descriptor that is causing the pragmatic export to lock the
variable and treat it as a constant.

Thanks