From: Andrew Shvets <andrew.shvets@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Is there any other forum for Ada?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 18:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2017-10-29T18:41:13-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 6:42:35 PM UTC-4, Lucretia wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 October 2017 19:42:30 UTC, tclwa...@gmail.com  wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I googled, and this is the only Ada forum that I found
> > Is there any other active forum
>
> There is #Ada on Freenode.
>
> > I would like to discuss, some ... non technical topics about Ada
> > I am learning Ada out of curiosity, and while I doubt that I will ever
> > use it at work
> >
> > I still would like to learn more about its commercial license
>
> You can use the FSF GNAT commercially for free.
>
> > Should I really worry about Adacore and the commercial licensing cost?
>
> Nah, just avoid their GPL'd compiler version and their GPL'd libs in anything you do commercially.
>
> > I would also like to ask about general stuff, like is there a roadmap for Ada, is there plans for Ada2020 for example, what are the new features planned for newer Ada releases?
>
> There is an Ada Issues for 2012 database on which details amendments for 2020, including parallel loops and blocks.
>
> > Anyway, is there a forum where I cant discuss these things without feeling guilty
> > This forum, seems too technically focused, and I dont want to .. waste anyone's time
>
> Have you seen some of the posts on here? I wouldn't worry about that.
>
> Luke.

I wrote an intro Ada book last year.  Here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/Introductory-Ada-Programming-Book-Programmers-ebook/dp/B01N6D5TPE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1509327556&sr=8-2&keywords=ada+programming

In it I talk about how to install an Ada compiler in Windows and in Linux (it's an appendix at the very end.)

Yes, you can accuse of hawking my wares and no I am not innocent of this.  But it will help the OP in his Ada learning adventure.