From: n93942011@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Ada Web Server Installation
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 12:03:26 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-01-14T12:03:26-08:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 6:37:58 AM UTC-5, Brian Drummond wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 02:31:49 -0800, n93942011 wrote:
>
> > I'm attempting to move towards more complicated Ada concepts and delve
> > into Ada Web applications and Ada Web Server programming, but I'm having
> > trouble at the starting block with the installation of the AWS from Ada
> > Core.  The system I'm attempting to run it on is Windows 7 with a Cygwin
> > Terminal. When I run the first make command, $make setup, I get the
> > following:
>
> [ errors...]
>
> Which Ada compiler are you using? Is it an FSF one, as from getadanow.com
> for example?
>
> I ran into trouble using the FSF compiler to build some Adacore libraries
> including AWS, which was most simply resolved by using the Adacore Libre
> (gpl) compiler. (So I didn't get into the details of the errors and their
> resolution).
>
> While AWS (compiled with the Libre edition) is undoubtedly a great
> product, this is an unfortunate feature that doesn't quite jive with the
> supposed portability of Ada code.
>
> Or look at www.gnoga.com (which was re-written to avoid using components
> of AWS) as a more modern alternative.
>
> -- Brian
Sorry for the late reply.  First I'm using the GNAT GPL 2015 Compiler with the AWS from libre.Adacore.com.  Since in your comment you mention that you got the AWS libre edition to compile I'm leaning towards the fact that I'm messing up in my makefile.  Gnoga seems like a viable option as well and I appreciate the suggestion, but like I said you seemed to have got AWS to compile with the same tools so I think instead of ditching something because I can't get it work wouldn't benefit me in the long run.

If you possibly show a copy of your makefile.conf and tell me which terminal you're using I would really be thankful.