* Problems compiling test suite in Florist 3.13p
@ 2001-07-12 16:03 Andreas Almroth
From: Andreas Almroth @ 2001-07-12 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I seem to frequent this place a lot this week... :)

In lack of a better forum (that I'm aware of), I'm posting here...
sorry...

I tried to compile the Florist package version 3.13p today with Gnat
3.13p (pre-compiled) on a SPARC Solaris 2.6 box, but I have stumbled
into trouble when compiling the test programs.

The Florist library itself compiles alright, though I have not written
any programs yet, using the library. That is because I thought I would
run the tests first to see that everything is working...

I get the following message on this and many other files;
gnatmake  -g -A../floristlib -L../floristlib p030301 -cargs -gnatag
-largs -lflorist
gcc -c -g -I../floristlib -gnatag p030301.adb
p030301.adb:65:01: (style) incorrect layout
gnatmake: "p030301.adb" compilation error
make[1]: *** [p030301] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/ada/florist-3.13p-src/tests'
make: *** [run_tests] Error 2

When looking in the source code, it looks to me fairly OK, but I tried
to move the use statements up to global scope, and voila, it works...
But surely, it shouldn't be necessary to change the files?

I get various other errors/warnings as well.

Soooo, of course, I'm now wondering what I am doing wrong. I'm
following the instructions in the README, and the only thing that is
mentioned is that all tests might not work, but nothing about all test
might not compile...

Well, any help is appreciated!

/Andreas

* Re: Problems compiling test suite in Florist 3.13p
@ 2001-07-12 19:45 ` Carbonne Damien
From: Carbonne Damien @ 2001-07-12 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Almroth a �crit :

> I get the following message on this and many other files;
> gnatmake  -g -A../floristlib -L../floristlib p030301 -cargs -gnatag
> -largs -lflorist
> gcc -c -g -I../floristlib -gnatag p030301.adb
> p030301.adb:65:01: (style) incorrect layout
> gnatmake: "p030301.adb" compilation error
> make[1]: *** [p030301] Error 4
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/ada/florist-3.13p-src/tests'
> make: *** [run_tests] Error 2

Change "-gnatag" into "-gnata" to suppress gnat style checks.

GNAT documentation says:
-gnatg
     GNAT style checks enabled.

It seems that those test files don't follow GNAT coding rules !

Damien

* Re: Problems compiling test suite in Florist 3.13p
@ 2001-07-12 21:47 ` Andreas Almroth
From: Andreas Almroth @ 2001-07-12 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm now able to compile the test suite. Thanks Carbonne!

Now, next question;
What is the normal failure rate/distribution for Florist? Well, taken
you can measure it that way... I mean, for a Solaris 2.x system,
what/where would be the normal failures be? Florist is most likely
perfectly fine, I imagine it is the target system that is at fault...
Reason asking; I'm seeing a lot of failures in the test logs... :-(

/Andreas