* Package System.RPC
@ 2006-03-30 19:00 Norbert Caspari
From: Norbert Caspari @ 2006-03-30 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could somebody please provide some small example that shows how to program
distributed processing with Ada, using the Ada package System.RPC? I
couldn't find something useful about this.

A small self-explanatory example with just some lines of code would be very
helpful to me.

I'm also interested how to use the Pragma Remote_Call_Interface and about
the relationship between those two things.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards, Norbert

* Re: Package System.RPC
@ 2006-03-31  9:52 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2006-03-31  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norbert Caspari a �crit :
> Could somebody please provide some small example that shows how to program
> distributed processing with Ada, using the Ada package System.RPC? I
> couldn't find something useful about this.
Not surprising, you don't need to use System.RPC to do distributed
processing with Ada.

System.RPC is an implementation package. You have to care about it only
if you want to write your own network layer. Glade is an implementation
of System.RPC over TCP/IP, so all the work is done.

For the rest, read the (extensive) documentation that comes with Glade.
            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: Package System.RPC
@ 2006-04-05 17:12   ` Norbert Caspari
From: Norbert Caspari @ 2006-04-05 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean-Pierre Rosen wrote:

> Norbert Caspari a �crit :
>> Could somebody please provide some small example that shows how to
>> program distributed processing with Ada, using the Ada package
>> System.RPC? I couldn't find something useful about this.
> Not surprising, you don't need to use System.RPC to do distributed
> processing with Ada.
>
> System.RPC is an implementation package. You have to care about it only
> if you want to write your own network layer. Glade is an implementation
> of System.RPC over TCP/IP, so all the work is done.
>
> For the rest, read the (extensive) documentation that comes with Glade.

Thanks a lot for this hint! I'll try this package.

Best regards, Norbert