From: Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: Ada a fourth generation language?
Date: 28 Apr 2002 12:58:02 -0500
Date: 2002-04-28T12:58:02-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <3ccc2ba7.138192556@news.cis.dfn.de>, nickroberts@ukf.net (Nick Roberts) writes:

> It is a fact that the earliest electronic programmable computers were
> programmed by arranging pegs in holes in certain circuit boards.
> (Programming all 10MB of Internet Explorer would presumably have taken a
> long time. :-)

When I read that comment out loud to my wife, she commented that the
mechanism of arranging pegs into holes on circuit boards whod have
provided sufficient time that the creators could have thought the
better of it and produced a program that consumed considerably less
than 10 MB.

Perhaps it would be sufficient to require all programmers to carry
their card deck back and forth to work :-)