From: Maciej Sobczak <no.spam@no.spam.com>
Subject: Interfacing to C and void*
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:19:44 +0100
Date: 2006-02-20T16:19:44+01:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Suppose I have the following two C functions:

void * factory();
void sink(void *p);

I use them this way:

void *someObject = factor();
sink(someObject);

What is the recommended approach to interfacing to such functions from
Ada? I cannot find anything (in part B of AARM) that would help with
void*. Of course, I could wrap these functions into something that uses
long values (or some other tokens) and appropriate mapping at the level
of the wrapper, but I still hope there is more direct way.

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/