* Help: gnat messing with gcc?
@ 1997-07-24  0:00 Myriam Witt
From: Myriam Witt @ 1997-07-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.....

please help me with the following question:

I had gcc compiled and installed into a non-standard directory.
After that I installed the gnat-309 binary distribution (for
Solaris), choosing option 3 in a different (non-standard)
directory. I didn't expect my existing gcc
to be affected this way but I noticed (using gcc -v) that it
now reads it's spec from the gnat-directory and that it loads
libgcc... from the gnat-path first, too.
The original gcc is first in $PATH, so this is not the problem,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't mention any gnu/gnat libs.

So, what did happen and where is the standard gcc library-path stored?
And please don't tell me gnat had found my gcc-executable via $PATH and
patched it :-(

Thanks in advance....

(writing from my girl-friend's account)

--
Eike Kr"omer                                 IABG - Ottobrunn
kroemer@iabg.de                              PGP public key available

* Re: Help: gnat messing with gcc?
@ 1997-07-27  0:00 ` David Taylor
From: David Taylor @ 1997-07-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5r70h2$14ks$1@cdserv.rzg.mpg.de>, witt@mppmu.mpg.de (Myriam Witt)
wrote:

>Hello.....
>
>please help me with the following question:
>
>I had gcc compiled and installed into a non-standard directory.
>After that I installed the gnat-309 binary distribution (for
>Solaris), choosing option 3 in a different (non-standard)

Sounds like a similar problem I had with SGI. Apparently, the gcc you got with
GNAT has some hardcoded pathnames in it and at some point things get derailed
onto the other gcc stuff. I've already told you more than I understand.

Read carefully a README that in the directory created from unzipping and
untarring. We decided that we couldn't use GNAT installed with option 3 if there
is already a GNAT (hence a gcc) installed in "the usual place".

dave taylor