From: Dale Stanbrough <dstanbro@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: using pragma export/adainit/adafinal with gnat...
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:43:42 GMT
Date: 2002-08-02T21:43:42+00:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake wrote:

> If there is no elaboration required, it may be that the Ada compiler
> does not generate 'adainit' and 'adafinal'. But it probably does.

I was just trying to figure out how to do it, having only read about
it previously.

> If there is no elaboration required, and you have no cleanup either,
> you don't need to call 'adainit' and 'adafinal'. But it's a good habit
> to get into :).

Indeed! (unless you -always- have pure packages).

> What C compiler are you using? Different C compilers have different
> link name conventions.
>
> Are you using gnatbind as recommended, and compiling the code it
> generates, and linking with it? That's where 'adainit' and 'adafinal'
> are defined.

I was using gcc (cc1 actually) as the C compiler.
I've found another section in the gnat user manual which explained all
that had to be done, and it seems to be aok now.

Thanks anyway.

Dale