* Re: Computer Graphics Interface (CGI)
@ 1997-03-05  0:00 ` Mats Weber
From: Mats Weber @ 1997-03-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm _NOT_ interested in more information on the WWW's
> Common Gateway Interface, also abbreviated CGI.  I already know
> all about that CGI (I even wrote an Ada binding to it).

Interesting. Is it publicly available ? (Sorry, I don't know anything
about the other CGI).

* Computer Graphics Interface (CGI)
@ 1997-03-05  0:00 David Wheeler
From: David Wheeler @ 1997-03-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone point me to more information on ISO/IEC 9636:1994,
"Computer Graphics-Interfacing (CGI) Techniques for Dialogue with Graphics
Devices"?  There's apparantly a standardized Ada binding for it, and
it's included in the U.S. DoD's "Joint Technical Architecture"
(in section 2.2.2.1.5).

I'm interested in its market penetration, apparant future,
comparisons with other technologies, that sort of thing.
Personal experience appreciated too.  My web searches haven't
found anything along these lines.

I'm _NOT_ interested in more information on the WWW's
Common Gateway Interface, also abbreviated CGI.  I already know
all about that CGI (I even wrote an Ada binding to it).

Thanks in advance!

--- David A. Wheeler
    dwheeler@ida.org

* Re: Computer Graphics Interface (CGI)
@ 1997-03-06  0:00 ` Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen FOU.TD/DELAB
From: Ole-Hjalmar Kristensen FOU.TD/DELAB @ 1997-03-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5fk893$ci8@news.ida.org> wheeler@aphrodite (David Wheeler) writes:

   Can anyone point me to more information on ISO/IEC 9636:1994,
   "Computer Graphics-Interfacing (CGI) Techniques for Dialogue with Graphics
   Devices"?  There's apparantly a standardized Ada binding for it, and
   it's included in the U.S. DoD's "Joint Technical Architecture"
   (in section 2.2.2.1.5).

   I'm interested in its market penetration, apparant future,
   comparisons with other technologies, that sort of thing.
   Personal experience appreciated too.  My web searches haven't
   found anything along these lines.

   I'm _NOT_ interested in more information on the WWW's
   Common Gateway Interface, also abbreviated CGI.  I already know
   all about that CGI (I even wrote an Ada binding to it).

   Thanks in advance!

   --- David A. Wheeler
       dwheeler@ida.org

The CGI is part of GKS, try searching for both GKS and CGI or
"computer graphics interface".
I think the CGI itself may be slightly more successfull than GKS, but
I cannot say for sure, as I haven't really done any serious work in
this area for years.

* Re: Computer Graphics Interface (CGI)
@ 1997-03-10  0:00   ` Doug Smith
From: Doug Smith @ 1997-03-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <331DC933.73C3@elca-matrix.ch>, Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch wrote:

> > I'm _NOT_ interested in more information on the WWW's
> > Common Gateway Interface, also abbreviated CGI.  I already know
> > all about that CGI (I even wrote an Ada binding to it).
>
> Interesting. Is it publicly available ? (Sorry, I don't know anything
> about the other CGI).

Try:
<http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/compilers/webada/source/>

For the WebAda Common Gateway Interface binding.

Doug
<mailto:dsmith@clark.net>