* Rational Apex 4.4 Database Migration
@ 2006-07-07 18:53 Chris Allen
From: Chris Allen @ 2006-07-07 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to copy a Rational Apex
v4.4 database from one server to another.  I need to tar the database
onto a tape and ship it out to another company.  Is there a way to do
this?  We've tried several times taring the database directory directly
to tape, but it never works right.  I would expect there would be some
kind of database move/export tool, but I can't find anything like this
in the documentation.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Thanks a lot.

* Re: Rational Apex 4.4 Database Migration
@ 2006-07-07 21:14 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-07-07 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know, but the obvious question comes to mind: have to you tried
asking the IBM Rational support people? They've usually been pretty helpful
(even though I was using an evaluation version for developing Claw and ACATS
tests). [Dunno if they've been outsourced to Bora-Bora, though.]

                    Randy.

@ 2006-07-17 15:48   ` Chris Allen
From: Chris Allen @ 2006-07-17 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I don't know, but the obvious question comes to mind: have to you tried
> asking the IBM Rational support people? They've usually been pretty helpful
> (even though I was using an evaluation version for developing Claw and ACATS
> tests). [Dunno if they've been outsourced to Bora-Bora, though.]

Thanks for the response.  but no I haven't yet.  If our company could
find the license information then we could.  :-)  Rational came
pre-loaded on a system that the government gave to us for testing.