From: Maciej Sobczak <no.spam@no.spam.com>
Subject: Re: Humor fromkipedia
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:40:59 +0100
Date: 2006-01-23T10:40:59+01:00	[thread overview]

Martin Krischik wrote:

> If you not a troll after all and really want to know the difference:
>
>   Ada:
>     http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Subtypes
>     http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Types
>   Java:
>     http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Java_Programming/Types
>
> Wow, I never expected such drastic difference. Ada 2 chapters with a total
> of 19 pages - Java a mere 9 lines.

<serious>
These numbers say nothing. You can buy arbitrarily verbose Java book
with the "Types" chapter having arbitrary number of pages, including
introduction, summary, excercises, ... Just comparing wiki chapters is
not meaningful at all.
</serious>

</not-serious>
Actually, I'd say that when it comes to the type system, Java just runs
circles around Ada - just see its int, Integer and IntHolder, which are
not one, but *three* types for the same data concept! ;-)

And there are more Java "types" (programmers) anyway.
</not-serious>

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/