* GNAT object files - what format?
@ 1999-09-22  0:00 Tiept
From: Tiept @ 1999-09-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have looked around various resources but am still unable
to find out what kind of binary file is the object file
produced using GNAT95.  Is it something like COFF...?

I am trying to link some ada files compiled with GNAT95 to a
main program in the VxWorks/Tornado environment.  The error
in Tornado that I am unable to get past right now is:

decoder.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

Appreciate any helps,

TNT

* Re: GNAT object files - what format?
@ 1999-09-23  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-09-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32bd4fa0.05947992@usw-ex0102-013.remarq.com>,
  Tiept <tieptNOnySPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have looked around various resources but am still unable
> to find out what kind of binary file is the object file
> produced using GNAT95.  Is it something like COFF...?

This differs from one port to another and from one machine
and OS to another. Typically GNAT uses the standard system
format for object files, but that is not a well defined
notion on all systems.

GNAT works well with VxWorks, and we have lots of customers
successfully using this combination, contact ACT for more
details at sales@gnat.com.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: GNAT object files - what format?
@ 1999-09-23  0:00   ` Mario Klebsch
From: Mario Klebsch @ 1999-09-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> writes:

>In article <32bd4fa0.05947992@usw-ex0102-013.remarq.com>,
>  Tiept <tieptNOnySPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I have looked around various resources but am still unable
>> to find out what kind of binary file is the object file
>> produced using GNAT95.  Is it something like COFF...?

>GNAT works well with VxWorks, and we have lots of customers
>successfully using this combination, contact ACT for more
>details at sales@gnat.com.

What about letting GNAT use VxWorks assembler and linker? GNAT does
produce assembler source code, so you should be able tu assemble it
whit the VxWorks assember. Perhaps a symbolic link or a shell script
at the location of GNATs assembler and linket to call the VxWorks
versions wil automate this setup for everyday/everyone use.

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch						mario@klebsch.de