From: dmarshal@netcom.com (Dave Marshall)
Subject: Re: SEI abandons Ada
Date: 1995/04/04
Date: 1995-04-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian) writes:

>    Case in point.  For lack of a better moment, a recent brochure from the
>Software Engineering Institute is its announcement of the abandonment of Ada.
Your powers on insight are truly remarkable.

>I just received the 1995 SEI Public Courses catalog, courses directed to
>helping companies "improve the practice of software engineering".  Here is
>the list of courses:

[list of courses deleted]

>Where the hell is Ada?  No courses on Ada's role in software engineering
>practices, no mention of Ada in the SEI brochure, nothing, nothing, nothing.
Where the hell is anything else?  Your article could just as easily been
titled "SEI Abandons C," "SEI Embraces COBOL," "SEI Abandons Every
Language Except Ada," or whatever silly title one cares to choos.

>Besides which, why does this country need a government funded entity like
>the SEI offering these courses?  There are enough commercial BUSINESSES
>offering software engineering training.  If the SEI wants to be a business,
>fine, let's cut off all government funding and make them compete with their
>OWN money, especially if the SEI is abandoning Ada, as many of its recent
>actions seem to indicate.

Perhaps you might convince one or two people if you offered more than a
brochure as evidence that the SEI is abandoning Ada.

--
Dave Marshall
dmarshal@netcom.com