From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Implementing character sets for Wide_Character
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:24:52 +0100
Date: 2015-03-06T20:24:52+01:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 19:01:33 +0100, Martin Trenkmann wrote:

> I need to implement a containment check for Wide_Character in a wide
> character set. I have two approaches in mind.

The key question is which operations are you going to implement on the set.
E.g. set complement.

> Should I definitely avoid one of the solutions or is just a matter of
> available memory?

As Robert asked, why Wide_Character? It is pretty much useless for any
purpose. None of conventional OSes use Wide_Character (UCS-2). E.g. Windows
API W-variants use UTF-16, not UCS-2.

If you need Unicode use plain String as UTF-8. An implementation of Unicode
character sets and maps (Ada 95) is here

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/strings_edit.htm#7.9

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov