From: michael bode <michael.bode@laserline.de>
Subject: MinGW GNAT 3.4.4 linking problem
Date: 14 Oct 2005 12:10:10 +0200
Date: 2005-10-14T12:10:10+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm trying out the MinGW GNAT 3.4.4 and get the dreaded 'undefined
symbol' messages. Contrary to what another poster reported a while ago
this is not for the GNAT libraries but only for 3rd party libs.

That is Hello_World.adb (or the GNAT dining philosophers example)
compiles and links fine, so I suppose the install went ok. But my code
which uses a 3rd party library get's 'undefined symbol' for each and
every function I call.

The library uses StdCall conventions and I have the .dll and .lib
compiled with Microsoft VC98. Interestingly everything work fine with
GNAT 3.15p. When I change the PATH to point to C:\MINGW\bin instead
C:\GNAT\bin -> 'undefined symbol'.

Are there some changes to linker options etc. that I might have
overlooked? Any Ideas?