From: dhoffman@gp903.nasa.gov (David Hoffman)
Subject: Need Help (Uncompressing AWEB)
Date: 1996/06/25
Date: 1996-06-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I am an engineer who programs in Ada and is interested in literate
programming. I recently tried to download the tool aweb from the
CTAN archive (I actually tried three different sites, and, yes, I
was careful to FTP in binary mode). When I tried to uncompress the
file (with gunzip), I got this error message:

>  gunzip: aweb.zip has more than one entry -- unchanged

I went to the comp.compression   FAQ, looking for information on the
meaning of this cryptic message, and all I could find was this:

> ...if gzip complains about a multi-part file, it's likely that the
> .gz .gzfile has been corrupted by gopher.

Given the popularity of Ada and literate programming among the general
population, it is conceivable that I am the first person to download
this package from CTAN. My fear is that the original copy of aweb that
went into CTAN was corrupted somehow. My hope is that either I do not
understand the above error message, and that there is a simple fix, or
that someone out there has clean, working copy of aweb that they can
send to me. Please respond via e-mail.

----------------|  NASA/Johnson Space Center/EG5        |----------------
----------------|  E-mail: dhoffman@gp903.jsc.nasa.gov  |----------------