* Ada emacs mode for Ada2005
@ 2005-09-16  9:24 Tapio Kelloniemi
From: Tapio Kelloniemi @ 2005-09-16  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all

Since many of the new Ada2005 features are now available in GNAT,
I'm interested, if there is an update for Ada emacs mode. The version
distributed with emacs 21.3 is not sufficient, since for example
pressing RET in emacs at the end of a line like:
private with Foo;
results in:
Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

I've been busy compiling my bleeding edge GCC 4.1 (for testing purposes)
and so have not checked if GNAT GPL includes an updated version, which
I don't believe.

If someone knows about this, many thanks for sharing the information.

--
Tapio

* Re: Ada emacs mode for Ada2005
@ 2005-09-18 18:52 ` Manuel G. R.
From: Manuel G. R. @ 2005-09-18 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:

> Since many of the new Ada2005 features are now available in GNAT,
> I'm interested, if there is an update for Ada emacs mode. The version
> distributed with emacs 21.3 is not sufficient, since for example
> pressing RET in emacs at the end of a line like:
> private with Foo;
> results in:
> Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil

That line worked for me. I'm using Emacs 21.4, and ada-mode 3.6-2 in
Debian. But of course, there are other problems as the new keywords and
new constructs like interface inheritance, overriding, etc.

Since AdaCore developed GPS they lost interest in ada-mode so I guess
that a new version for Ada 2005 will only be possible through volunteer
contribution. A pity that I only know a bit of Emacs Lisp... but
probably will try to hack ada-mode if no one else do it.

--
Ada programming tutorial: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming
Tutorial de programaci�n en Ada: