* Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-22 16:24 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2014-10-22 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know if anyone else has tried, but I have just successfully built GNOGA and the tutorials successfully on a raspberry pi with the standard issued debian packages AWS 3.2 and gnat (don't know the version).

raspbian version is Jessie btw

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-22 16:28 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2014-10-22 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is awesome!! Could you perhaps make some sort of simple "How To" document I can add to the Gnoga docs and eventually the website.

David Botton

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-22 18:17   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2014-10-22 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 17:28:29 UTC+1, David Botton  wrote:
> That is awesome!! Could you perhaps make some sort of simple "How To" document I can add to the Gnoga docs and eventually the website.
>

> David Botton

Will do.

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-23  8:50     ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2014-10-23  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Start of Instructions

Installing Gnoga on Raspbian Jessie from raspbian wheezy

Note : with actual commands I have put the dollar sign before the command !

first change your /etc/apt/sources.list so it looks like
deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib non-free rpi

(basically change the word wheezy to jessie)

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get upgrade

$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

after this is done (it may be easier installing from a raspbian jessie image - I have not tried this yet)

$sudo apt-get install libaws3.2.0-dev

then follow the install instructions for Gnoga as on the website

End of Instructions.

Please tell me if there is an error here

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-23  9:37       ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-10-23  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-10-23 10:50, tonyg wrote:
> Start of Instructions

Great I'll give it a go this weekend.
I'd like to get a AWS with ssl support on the pi,
I wonder if the prebuilt library is ssl-enabled.
(for non gnoga stuff, I use the aws.client.get with https urls)

But perhaps it is possible to build AWS on a raspbian now.
In the past (last try was last week), I could only build it on a
Debian Pi, Templates_parser killed the build.

I did post this on the gnoga-list, but then I saw the answer on cla too,
and thought there might be an interest in knowing that building AWS on
the Raspbian Pi has failed - I guess until now.

--
Björn

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-23 20:06         ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2014-10-23 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Björn Lundin <b.f.lundin@gmail.com> writes:
> On 2014-10-23 10:50, tonyg wrote:
>> Start of Instructions
>>

> Great I'll give it a go this weekend.
> I'd like to get a AWS with ssl support on the pi,
> I wonder if the prebuilt library is ssl-enabled.

Yes it is, thanks to Nicolas Boulenguez.  libaws3.2.0 is linked with GNU
TLS, not OpenSSL, because the GPL and the OpenSSL license are
incompatible.

> (for non gnoga stuff, I use the aws.client.get with https urls)

If you find any problem, do not hesitate to report a bug to Debian via
the usual channels (i.e. M-x debian-bug in emacs :))  But hurry because
Debian Jessie will freeze on November 5 and will therefore not accept
any bug fixes that are not critical.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-23 20:11           ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2014-10-23 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Debian Jessie will freeze on November 5 and will therefore not accept
> any bug fixes that are not critical.

That is very exciting news. Do you know when it will be public on the webpage etc?

Since Gnoga depends on a the new AWS in Jessie is going to be great to be able to just say for linux use Debian Jessie out of the box.

David Botton

* Re: Gnoga, raspbian jessie and the PI
@ 2014-10-25 17:11           ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-10-25 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-10-23 22:06, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Björn Lundin <b.f.lundin@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes it is, thanks to Nicolas Boulenguez.  libaws3.2.0 is linked with GNU
> TLS, not OpenSSL, because the GPL and the OpenSSL license are
> incompatible.

very nice

> If you find any problem, do not hesitate to report a bug to Debian via
> the usual channels (i.e. M-x debian-bug in emacs :))

Hmm, the upgrade broke my LXDE ...
I might not be able to fix it until next week, so
I'm not testing it yet :-(

--
Björn