* gps output directory mystery
@ 2010-01-27 20:36 RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com
From: RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com @ 2010-01-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a Project file that looks like:

   for Source_Dirs use ("tests"
                       ,"tests/edge"
                       ,"tests/hist");
   for Object_Dir use ".objs";
   for Exec_Dir use "bin";

Under Ubuntu using

GPS 4.3.1 (20090114) hosted on i686-pc-linux-gnu
GNAT GPL 2009 (20090519)

for some reason, the executables are built into bin/opt instead of
just bin.

In fact when I say Build All the command line looks like:

gnatmake -d -p -P/home/srini/Projects/projectlets/OpenCV/tests.gpr -
XBUILD=debug --subdirs=opt -cargs -O2 -gnatn

------------

I am not sure why the gnatmake contains a  "--subdirs=opt" switch.
Anyone can throw any light on how this command line is constructed?

Cheers, srini

* Re: gps output directory mystery
@ 2010-01-27 21:07 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2010-01-27 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is because you have selected the build mode optimize
the profile is selected in a combo-box where the mode is selected, among
the possible modes are:
   default   use the project setting
   debug     force use of -O0 -g
   optimize  force use of -O2 -gnatn