From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: What good are File_Access's?
Date: 1998/07/20
Date: 1998-07-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

<<Ahhhh. That's the answer I was looking for.
I didn't consider that as a possibility because that method of saving off the
Current_Output won't work in a multi-tasking environment. You'd need some kind
of "atomic" save-and-change operation. Since that is %90 of the Ada programs I
have ever worked on, that doesn't make it too useful.

Well it simply needs protecting in a multi-tasking environment. You generalloy
need to have some control over Text_IO anyway (for example, you certainly
cannot do Put_Line operations on standard output at the same time from
two separate tasks without proper synchronization.