From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: SGI Developer Magic - Ada95
Date: 1998/07/15
Date: 1998-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Corey said

<<I'm fairly certain SGI's Ada95 compilation system is based on GNAT.
At least it was a year or so ago.

It still is. The new SGI release will be essentially similar to the
forthcoming 3.11b release of GNAT. SGI customizes GNAT to work nicely
with workshop (ACT reacquires these patches), and also provides a library
of bindings to the SGI libraries. In addition, you can obtain from SGI
a version of Workshop customized for GNAT. The latest incarnation of
this technology is 100% Ada aware. For more information contact your
SGI representative.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Note that SGI is one of the only work station companies to provide a fully
integrated, fully supported Ada 95 technology. The only other such company
(as far as I am aware) is Siemens Nixdorf, whose Ada technology is also
based on GNAT.