From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Enumeration literal visibility and use type
Date: 1998/05/28
Date: 1998-05-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John McCabe said

<<>seems very inconsistent to me. I do understand the use type argument,
>but surely to make it apply to enumeration literals and not other
>primitive operations would be very odd indeed.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Isn't it the primitive operations that
it already applies to? If so, there is no suggestion of it being applied
to only enumeration literals and not to the primitive operations. As far
as I understand it, the question is why doesn't it apply to both?

You are getting confused by the terminology. Primitive operations refers
to all functions and procedures defined with a parameter or return type
of the type. You read "operators" for operations. use type refers ONLY
to operators, not to all primitive operations.