* Forest-1.6 Bindings build problems
@ 1998-05-01  0:00 Anders Eliasson
From: Anders Eliasson @ 1998-05-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had success building the Forest-1.6 Ada bindings
on either Linux or Solaris 2.5?  I get errors under both systems when
executing the Makefile.  It's probably 'operator error' but I could use some
advice.  My specific need is to be able to do socket programming in Ada.  If
anyone does have experience using these bindings I will be happy to supply
error messages & more complete info, either by e-mail or posting or both.
TIA.

AE

work - eliasson@logan.msfc.nasa.gov
home - anders@hiwaay.net
       aeliasson@juno.com

* Re: Forest-1.6 Bindings build problems
@ 1998-05-02  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1998-05-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anders asks

<<I was wondering if anyone has had success building the Forest-1.6 Ada bindings
on either Linux or Solaris 2.5?

Ada Core Technologies can supply versions of Forest that operate correctlyt
under both Linux and Solaris (and many other systems) using GNAT. Contact
sales@gnat.com for further details.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: Forest-1.6 Bindings build problems
@ 1998-05-05  0:00   ` Anders Eliasson
From: Anders Eliasson @ 1998-05-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus.Kuhn

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Markus Kuhn wrote:

> Anders Eliasson wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone has had success building the Forest-1.6
> > Ada bindings on either Linux or Solaris 2.5?
>
> A probably more complete POSIX.5 binding for Linux/Solaris written
> by Ted Baker, the editor of the POSIX.5 standard as a reference
> implementation is the FLORIST package:
>
>   http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/florist.html
>
> Try this instead. A new FLORIST source release came just out
> a few days ago!

Thanx.  I grabbed the file & will check it out.  BTW, the file name has a
'90' instead of '98'.  Just a nitpick :).

AE

@ 1998-05-05  0:00 ` Markus Kuhn
From: Markus Kuhn @ 1998-05-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anders Eliasson wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has had success building the Forest-1.6
> Ada bindings on either Linux or Solaris 2.5?

A probably more complete POSIX.5 binding for Linux/Solaris written
by Ted Baker, the editor of the POSIX.5 standard as a reference
implementation is the FLORIST package:

  http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~baker/florist.html

Try this instead. A new FLORIST source release came just out
a few days ago!

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>