From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Other implementations of pragma Abort_Defer?
Date: 1998/01/23
Date: 1998-01-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

JPR says

<<You don't need a special pragma to defer abortion, it can be done in a 100%
portable way.
I have a package that allows you to protect a call to a procedure from
abortion. I plan to put it on Adalog's web site as soon as I find the time
to write the documentation... In the meantime, I can send it to anyone
interested.

Sure it can be done portably, but only with a heavy interface that is
likely to incur additional overhead. The mere fact that your package
requires documentation suggests its heaviness. We have found the pragma
extremely useful in many contexts.