From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined"
Date: 1998/01/10
Date: 1998-01-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

<<I keep getting a "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined" error when I try
to compile a sample program that came with a tutorial.
Here is the code of the program.

This is an installation problem, it means the compiler cannot find the
library. This is 99.9999% of the time the result of not following the
installation instructions *exactly* and *carefully*. Try installing
again. If you can't get it to work, get a friend with more experience
in following such instructions to help you with the installation.
Another idea is to run Win95, and install the WIn95 version (it is
more capable, and has an easier installation procedure).

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies