* gnatbl crash
@ 1997-12-24  0:00 jah
From: jah @ 1997-12-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any clues to this one?

During the linking of any executable, including the ones in the examples
directory, I get the following:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ld: Segmentation fault.  Removing output file...

I am using GNAT 3.09 on an SGI with IRIX6.2.

* Re: gnatbl crash
@ 1997-12-24  0:00 ` David Taylor
From: David Taylor @ 1997-12-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <882944762.994181135@dejanews.com>, jah@ternion.com wrote:

>Any clues to this one?
>
>During the linking of any executable, including the ones in the examples
>directory, I get the following:
>
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>ld: Segmentation fault.  Removing output file...
>
>I am using GNAT 3.09 on an SGI with IRIX6.2.

>      http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

If you have access to http://www.gnat.com, go to the gnat-chat archives
there and look for traffic with titles like "GNAT and Irix". It sounds like
you have the old "old_ld" problem.

dave

* Re: gnatbl crash
@ 1997-12-25  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-12-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

jah said

<<I am using GNAT 3.09 on an SGI with IRIX6.2.

This version of GNAT, as released, is for IRIX 5.3. Contact your SGI
representative for information on the use of GNAT on IRIX 6.3, or
contact ACT directly at report@gnat.com, using your customer number.
If you are using the public release and do not have support, then
I would suggest joining chat@gnat.com (send a subscribe message to
chat-request@gnat.com) where you may be able to get some informal
help.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Note: the current public releases of GNAT are for the o32 mode on SGI,
which does not take full advantage of the hardware. We have now developed
an n32 release which is far more efficient. This will be the basis of the
forthcoming SGI release, and, as always, a public version will be released
some time in the future.