* Re: Do college AP tests require C++ knowledge?
@ 1997-12-10  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1997-12-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Most high schools are struggling with getting "newer"
>computers, and many are still saddled with "old" Apple IIs (or IBM PCs
>with 386SX or 286 CPUs).  None of the languages you listed (Ada95,
  My son graduated in June from what's supposed to be the best private
college prep high school in Santa Clara CA (ie, Silicon Valley).  Their
CS courses were in Pascal using Turbo-Pascal on their DOS 286s.

* Do college AP tests require C++ knowledge?
@ 1997-12-02  0:00 Robert S. White
From: Robert S. White @ 1997-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  While my 17 year old nephew was visiting last holiday I was made
to understand that he needed to learn C++ (what version I don't
know - brand new ISO draft?) in order to succeed in U.S. college
Advanced Placement tests.  Is this true?  Can't the tests be made
somewhat language independent and more at a general computer
science level?  Perhaps Professor Feldman can enlighten us.
Robert S. White         -- An embedded systems software engineer
e-mail reply to reverse of: ia us lib cedar-rapids crpl shift2 whiter