From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Learning Windows 95 programming with Ada?
Date: 1997/12/02
Date: 1997-12-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran said

<<  Pardon me.  I did not mean to suggest it was a one-man project.
Robert Dewar has previously suggested, quite reasonably, that
people recomminding a product should mention their special
relationships to that product.  That mention was missing from his
recommendation of GNAT.  Since my messsage was recommending a
complementary product (Claw, which runs with GNAT among others) and
I was saying that I had worked on Claw, it seemed reasonable to add
the missing information.  Since that information was probably of
minor, though not zero, concern to the author of the original
message, I made it a two word parenthetical remark, rather than
giving a history or organization chart or annual report of ACT.
I'm sorry if that shortening was too drastic and resulted in an
ambiguity that made someone think Robert Dewar was the sole author
of the GNAT system.

Excuse me, but the only message I wrote in this thread (which is you
will remember started off with a question from someone who specifically
said they were currently using GNAT) was:

<<Assuming you want to stick to Ada 95, rather than following JDI's advice
to move to Delphi, the way to proceed is to get hold of the Intermetrics
Win32 bindings. These are very close to the C bindings, so you can get
anyone of many books on these bindings to know what the routines do.
They work with both GNAT and with Object Ada. You might also want to get
the sources of AdaGIDE as an example of how these routines are used.
Martin found it quite convenient to use these bindings in creating
AdaGIDE.

By what stretch of the imagination is that a "recommendation of GNAT"?