* Help Needed
@ 1997-05-10  0:00 Viraj Luthra
From: Viraj Luthra @ 1997-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am not sure whether,  I should be asking this question here,  but I
wanted to know if any one knows,  whether there is any news group
discussing,  PeopleCode,  SQR,  and PeopleTools products.

Any help shall be greatly appreciated.  Please e-mail me at :-

	viraj_luthra@peoplesoft.com

Regards,

Viraj

* Help needed
@ 1997-10-20  0:00 Guest
From: Guest @ 1997-10-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm working on an Ada parser and need some information; hope
someone can help me a bit.
Upon finding a WITH clause, the compiler determines which file to
process. My question is that is a STANDARD(ized) way to find this file
name out, or it is implementation dependent.

Thanks,
Gabor Varga

* Re: Help needed
@ 1997-10-20  0:00 ` Martin Kristensson
From: Martin Kristensson @ 1997-10-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guest wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an Ada parser and need some information; hope
> someone can help me a bit.
> Upon finding a WITH clause, the compiler determines which file to
> process. My question is that is a STANDARD(ized) way to find this file
> name out, or it is implementation dependent.

It is implementation dependent.
Some _examples_ of package specification file names :
<package>.ads
<package>.1.ada
<package>.ada_

/Martin.

* Re: Help needed
@ 1997-10-20  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-10-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gabor asks

<<I'm working on an Ada parser and need some information; hope
someone can help me a bit.
Upon finding a WITH clause, the compiler determines which file to
process. My question is that is a STANDARD(ized) way to find this file
name out, or it is implementation dependent.>

All entirely implementation dependent, in fact even the notion of source
files is implementation dependent, there is nothing in the standard that
requires, or even suggests, that Ada source texts are stored in files.

* Re: Help needed
@ 1997-10-21  0:00 ` Mark McKinney
From: Mark McKinney @ 1997-10-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guest wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on an Ada parser and need some information; hope
> someone can help me a bit.
> Upon finding a WITH clause, the compiler determines which file to
> process. My question is that is a STANDARD(ized) way to find this file
> name out, or it is implementation dependent.
>
> Thanks,
> Gabor Varga
Assumine you're reading a file using a predifined io package like
text_io, sequential_io .... there is a name function that returns a
string that should be the file name. Sometimes i've see it return a full
pathname other time a relative one.

* Re: Help needed
@ 1997-10-28  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-10-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guest wrote:

 <<Hi,

   I'm working on an Ada parser and need some information; hope
   someone can help me a bit.
   Upon finding a WITH clause, the compiler determines which file to
   process. My question is that is a STANDARD(ized) way to find this file
   name out, or it is implementation dependent.>>

Martin responded:

 <<It is implementation dependent.
    Some _examples_ of package specification file names :
      <package>.ads
      <package>.1.ada
      <package>.ada_>>

Robert notes:

With most but not all, Ada compilers, the choice of file names is
arbitrary. For example in GNAT, there are no restrictions on the
names of files containing Ada source programs. There is a default
convention, but the user is free to choose any convention they
choose for file names.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies