From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: tasking under ms-dos
Date: 1997/10/27
Date: 1997-10-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

A J Cornah

asks (regarding an updated DOS port of GNAT)

<<Does anyone know when such a version is planned or to whom I should
communicate my need for such facilities?>

ACT has dropped support for DOS, and has no plans to develop a release
past the 3.07 one, which is now considered to be completely unsupported.

The only way a port will appear for later versions of GNAT is if some
volunteer will pick up the task (perfectly feasible, after all, as I have
mentioned before, the *entire* job of porting GNAT to DOS was originally
done by a volunteer, and the task of updating it is FAR simpler).