From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Install problems GNAT/CC/Linux
Date: 1997/10/25
Date: 1997-10-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John asks

<<When I install gnat v.10, and try to compile an Ada program, I get an
error that says (roughly):
gcc -c driver.adb
gcc: driver.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done>>

This is a typical installation problem (you are clearly using the wrong
vesion of gcc, one that does not know about Ada). For this and similar
problems, I recommend that you subscribe to chat@gnat.com by sending a
subscribe message to chat-request@gnat.com. You may be able to find someone
who can provide informal help there. Generaly chat@gnat.com will be a much
more effective place for discussion of GNAT problems that CLA, since there
are many GNAT users who participate in chat who do not bother to read CLA.