From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Help for Apex and VADS Users on AIX
Date: 1997/10/09
Date: 1997-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michelle said

<<OC Systems' PowerAda toolset is available for all supported versions of
AIX, including AIX 4.2. And to ensure you're not left stranded on an
unsupported product, OC Systems commits to support your platform for a
minimum of ten years (with continuous paid maintenance). No other vendor
makes this unprecedented guarantee.>>

Actually it would surprise me if all Ada vendors do not make similar
guarantees. Certainly in many of the large projects using GNAT, we have
made similar guarantees, in one case for a period of twenty years. Ada
tends to be used in projects with very long life cycles, so long term
support is often a critical component to be considered.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies