From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: ADA CORE TECHNOLOGIES ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF GNAT VERSION 3.10p
Date: 1997/09/16
Date: 1997-09-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert White said

<<  Thank you!  This version does indeed install very smoothly (to
drive C) for WinNT 4.0 sp3.  I built and ran the hello.adb example
using the included AdaGIDE (GUI IDE) and had no problems.  I did
however have to go to ftp.cs.nyu.edu to complete the ftp download
after trying to use the mirror site at wuarchive.wustl.edu which was
a few meg short -- but I was able to do an ftp resume from NYU to
finish up the 12.5 mb download (11,978KB as shown by WinNT Explorer)
for gnat-3.10p-nt.exe  .>>

Thanks for the note. As readers of chat@gnat.com will know, there were
some problems discovered in this release, and we are now in the process
of fixing them. A side effect of this fix is that finally it will be
straightforward to install in any directory on any drive.

I will send an announcement here when the new version is available, you
may want to wait a couple of days before pulling the NT version, especially
if it takes you a long time to get this quite large file!

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies