From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: String to Integer
Date: 1997/07/16
Date: 1997-07-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Charles says

<<I have a string in which an integer is stored.  I'd like to hear
from someone who might know a convenient way to convert this to
an actual integer.  I'm wondering if there is a function built
into one of the Ada packages to do this, but I haven't found one
yet.

A good piece of advice for beginning Ada programmers is to read through
the list of attributes in the back of the RM. You won't understand them
all, but you will dig up a number of useful things that wil otherwise
escape your attention (e.g. min, max, and in this particular case,
value, which will do the trick for you). You can of course also use
Text_IO's read from string.