From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: array conversion - how to do?
Date: 1997/07/04
Date: 1997-07-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Geert said

<<The code for Array_Conversion that I showed uses Unchecked_Conversion
from one constrained array to another. All checks can be eliminated,
so Unchecked_Conversion can just provide a different view of the
array which is the goal I want to achieve. I'll quote some references
to support my claim that the code can be optimized to null.

Yes, indeed, if you use unchecked conversion, the optimization is
legitimate and expected.