From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Meridian OpenAda Docs
Date: 1997/06/26
Date: 1997-06-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michael said

<<I am searching for anyone who may have the docs for the Ada83 compiler
Meridian OpenAda for Windows ver2.0.  It is about 4 or 5 years old and
was used mainly for classroom use. It is no longer made or supported
by the company, so I cant get the docs from them (I tried). I think
this compiler is simple enough to teach someone Ada with, but I
desperately need the docs. If anyone still has them, please email me.
I will gladly pay for you to send me a copy of the docs.

First: why not switch to GNAT instead of using an obsolete compiler
for an obsolete language.

Second: As far as I know Heath is still distributing this compiler (can
someone who knows definitively one way or another confirm this -- I
think I am remembering the Heath corectly.

Third: You need to be a little more cautious in suggesting that someone
be paid for violating the copyright on these documents ... just because
you can't get them does not mean they are not copyrighted.