From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada + Assembly ...
Date: 1997/06/23
Date: 1997-06-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Albert asked

<<One last note ... I made one or two simple programs using just
assembly (they simply do some register addition and exit, *without*
segfaulting, heh), but I cannot debug them (and check what they're
actually doing) under gdb 4.16 with GNAT extensions -- gdb reports "no
debugging symbols found" and "can't find a default source file".  Yes,
I used the -g flag during compilation and linkage.

If you write in assembly, it is your responsibility to generate the
necessary debugging directives, the assembler will not do it for you!