From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: DOS GNAT or Win95/NT GNAT? (Ada 95)
Date: 1997/04/26
Date: 1997-04-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Tom Moran says

<<  To make it easy, you need a thick binding.  Take a look at the
Shapes demo in the Claw demo to see rectangles, ellipses, etc.  I
think there's a demo there with scrollbars too.  (I'm told a new Claw
demo version is to be posted at www.rrsoftware.com within the next
few days.) Claw works under Gnat 3.04a and I'm told it ought to work
under 3.09 for those with ACT support contracts, though it doesn't
work under the publicly released 3.09.>>

I do not know this to be the case. None of our customers have attempted
to run Claw as far as I know, so I have know knowledge that this works
with the current version of GNAT -- it may, but I don't think anyone
has stated that -- Tom, who told you this?

Incidentally I still don't regard this as an easy interface. It's still
a binding to a huge and messy package! Thickening up the binding only
partially changes this. Really you want a GUI builder to do most of
this stuff, you don't want to be programming it procedurally.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies