From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: access function in strings.maps
Date: 1997/04/26
Date: 1997-04-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dennis Butler says

<<Although I read LRM section 3.10, I couldn't figure out the access
function type definition. Where can I get an explanation of what the
type definition does and how I can use it? I did note that the LRM says
that the Character_mapping_Function is used for transformational
mappings in the Translate subprograms...does this mean I'm not supposed
to worry about it?>>

You only need to worry about it if you need to use this facility. If
you don't need to define specialized translation functions, you don't
need to worry, if you do need to define such functions, this is the
mechanism!