* [Q] GNAT Success stories?
@ 1997-04-22  0:00 Dave Wright
From: Dave Wright @ 1997-04-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone successfully used gnat on a medium (+60K lines) project?  We're
considering using gnat on a Pentium running Solaris X86.  Any comments,
suggestions, warnings are appreciated.

TIA,
Dave

Dave Wright			wdwright@ccgate.hac.com
Systems Engineer		Hughes Technical Systems Company

* Re: [Q] GNAT Success stories?
@ 1997-04-23  0:00 Dan Lehman
From: Dan Lehman @ 1997-04-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Duff (obviously an Ada duffer) wrote (and I am NOT making this up!)

> Well, I don't know how to configure my newsreader, either ...

WHOA!
Here, in light of recent revelations of incompetence at the FBI lab(s),
which now send hope to many convicted by their *evidence*, Bob confesses
to newsreader naivete'!
Wow, imagine all the Approved Commentaries on which Bob voted that might
now be called back by WG-9 for reconsideration.  And didn't Bob work on
the Ada 95 standard, in the MRT?  --better re-review that as well, might
turn out to be only Ada 94, or less (--been wondering about Section 13 :-).
As it's well after April 1st, I am shocked.

---Dan
------- *

[parent not found: <5jl4do$eji@sun04.tfh-berlin.de>]
* Re: [Q] GNAT Success stories?
@ 1997-04-25  0:00 Solymosi
From: Solymosi @ 1997-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

bobduff@world.std.com (Robert A Duff) writes:

> Hmm.  Seems like "blame the victim" to me.  Here's a guy who claims some
> software is buggy.  And you don't believe him, because he doesn't know
> how to configure his newsreader.  Well, I don't know how to configure my
> newsreader, either (I just hope my internet provider does), but I feel
> quite competent to point out bugs in GNAT, when they exist.
>
> - Bob
Thanks Bob to save my honor.

* Re: [Q] GNAT Success stories?
@ 1997-04-25  0:00 Solymosi
From: Solymosi @ 1997-04-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Tardieu <sam@ada.eu.org> writes:
> You don't even say what version of GNAT or ObjectAda you tried!
>
> Anyway, seeing how you configured your newsreader (your name and
> address don't even appear in the "From" line), one can safely guess
> that you misconfigured GNAT or even forgot to install the assembler :)
That's right. I don't know how to configure programs like News or Gnat
and I don't know their versions either. I let it do my labor ingenieur.
I can only hope he does a good work.
My student have been working with GNAT (whatever version it is),
so there must be an assembler with.
Nevertheless the labor ingenieur must resign before messages like
"internal error".