From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Any research putting ....
Date: 1997/04/18
Date: 1997-04-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wes said

<<  debuggers - now that's REALLY an insult>>

Actually you would be surprised how many Ada programmers do not find
debuggers that helpful. As long as you have a traceback that's all
you need most of the time. 99% of the time I only use GDB to get a
traceback. I often find that people spend far too much time fiddling
in the debugger when they could better be thinking about the code.

of course there are always cases where a debugger is useful. For example,
in the GCC backend, things are setup so that it is possible to get very
quickly to the source of the error using the debugger.