From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada equivalent of C "static" structures
Date: 1997/03/08
Date: 1997-03-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John suggests

<<My advice would be to define a separate package with the type or
object definition you require, and only "with" it in a single file
e.g:

*file1*
package data_package is
        type x is record
                :
                :
        end record;

        x_value : x;
end data_package;

*file2*
with data_package;
package body p_1 is
        :
        :
end p_1;

Robert replies

If data_package is only going to be with'ed from p_1, then make it a
private child of p_1, but far simpler, as suggested by several replies,
already, is just to define x_value within the body of p_1. I am not
sure why John is suggesting a separate package here, it seems entirely
unnecessary.