* X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
@ 1997-02-28  0:00 Mitch Gart
From: Mitch Gart @ 1997-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.
If somebody out there has problems with X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
can you please send me the problems in private email?

I'll be looking at the Aonix problem soon.

- Mitch Gart
- mg@inmet.com

* Re: X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
@ 1997-02-28  0:00 ` Ronald Cole
From: Ronald Cole @ 1997-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

mg@harp.camb.inmet.com (Mitch Gart) writes:
> It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
> GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
> However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
> the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.
> If somebody out there has problems with X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
> can you please send me the problems in private email?

It may be a port specific problem with gnat.  For example, on the HPPA
architecture, gnat-3.09 is unable to compile itself with optimization
(-O) turned on.  <report@gnat.com> sent me a patch, but there are
further difficulties.  I hope 3.10 is forthcoming soon, but I also
hope the binaries they put up on cs.nyu.edu can at least compile
themselves when following the building instructions *exactly* as given
in the file: gnat-3.09-src/src/README.UNIX.

--
Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA  93556-1412
Ronald Cole <ronald@ridgecrest.ca.us>    Phone: (619) 499-9142

* Re: X11Ada and GNAT 3.09
@ 1997-03-01  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-03-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mitch Gart said

<<It was recently reported to me that X11Ada was not working with
GNAT 3.09 and also with the latest Aonix ObjectAda compiler.
However, I just tried X11Ada with GNAT 3.09 on Solaris.  I built
the binding and executed the test programs with no problems.>>

We are not aware of any problems in running X11Ada with GNAT 3.09.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies