From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Ada 95 tutorials/texts?
Date: 1997/02/21
Date: 1997-02-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Newmail17 asks

<<Im on my second semester in college as a Computer Science major. We use
just the 'normal' Ada in our schools. I think its an AlSys compiler or
something. Anyway, I downloaded the GNAT and Win95 IDE files and want to
learn the new features of Ada95. Are there any online/WEB tutorials or
texts explaining the new features of Ada95 versus the earlier version?>>

First, Ada 83 is not "normal" Ada, it is obsolete Ada, and it is really
a poor show at this stage that your class is teaching obsolete languages,
when Ada 95 compilers are available inexpensively, or free.

You should visit www.adahome.com for all sorts of interesting pointers
to the questions you ask, including poitners to tutorials, text books,
and other documentation such as the Ada 95 rationale.