From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: GNAT compiler
Date: 1997/02/18
Date: 1997-02-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

figaro asks

<<I got , a few mounths ago, a huge ADA binding (win32ada) and i was
unabled to build it. It seems that the compiler had not enough memory
for the build process.

Is that compiler GNAT 3.05, uses virtual memory or is constrained in
the conventionnal  memory.

note: I havet 16 mb of ram in my PC and, about 620 K of free
conventionnal memory space.>>

First, it is probably a good idea to address a question like this to
chat@gnat.com (subscribe by sending a subscribe message to
chat-request@gnat.com, since there are lots of knowlegdable people
there who do not read CLA).

Second, you have to say what system you are using. OK, you are on a PC,
that narrows it down since there are only ten ports of GNAT to different
operating systems on the PC :-) But it does not narrow it down enough.
One might guess Win95, except that there is no GNAT 3.05 for Win95!

TO everyone, whatever compiler you are using, when you ask a question that
is other than a pure Ada language question, be sure to say exactly what
Ada compiler you are using, what version, what machine, and what operating
system.