From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: fixed point type over an interface.
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Wes said

<<If you're using Ada-95, it seems to me that giving each side compatible
compatible definitions of 'Write and 'Read along with the type declaration
is easier than forcing each client to do a conversion.>>

And, as I mentioned before, one nice way to do this is to use the XDR
implementation of the default stream attributes that is provided as
part of the GLADE package. This will be completely portable between
GNAT compiled programs on diverse systems, though of course it will
not solve the problem of talking to other compilers, unless they provide
similar functionality.