From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Need of help Leonid(dulman@ibm.net)
Date: 1997/02/10
Date: 1997-02-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Thomas Hoffman says, quoting me writing about default discriminants

<<GNAT may compile it, but it won't run it, and indeed I consider it a GNAT bug (o
n the todo list) that no
warning is issued at compile time for this misuse.

Robert notes:

This is a truly ancient piece of text that Thomas dug up :-)
Anyway, GNAT now gives this warning, and has for some time:

     1. procedure j is
     2.   type x (m : natural := 0) is record
     3.      s : string (1 .. m);

        >>> warning: creation of object of this type may raise Storage_Error

     4.   end record;
     5.   g : x;

        >>> warning: Storage_Error will be raised at run-time

     6. begin
     7.    null;
     8. end;