From: dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar)
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.09 on Win95
Date: 1997/01/29
Date: 1997-01-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Craig said

"<< I have installed Gnat 3.09 on Win95 and all went well, I think. >>

Jonas:

I LOVE the implication of the qualification ending THAT sentence."

Probably there are a lot more sentences that should end "I think" :-)

We usually find that installation problems with GNAT are all or nothing,
either you install wrong (almost always a matter of not reading and following
all the available documentation), and almost nothing works, or the
installation is correct, and is not a problem.

Of course correct installation is certainly *not* a guarantee that there
will be no other kinds of problems.

As I mentioned before, GNAT/NT should always be installed on drive C, to
avoid problems. The brave and knowledgable can follow the directions on
messing with the registry to get GNAT to work on other drives, and indeed
a future version of GNAT will do this automatically, but for now, most
people will get into less trouble if they stick to drive C for GNAT/NT
installations